Natural Remedy for Allergies
Allergies are something that affect millions of people every single year with each season aggravating different types of allergies.
Some of the common symptoms of allergies include a runny nose, coughing, itchy eyes and skin rashes.
Homemade Nettle Leaf & Peppermint Allergy Remedy
How The Remedy Works
This nettle leaf and peppermint remedy helps to treat allergies in the following ways:
- Nettle Leaf: Nettle leaf is a potent antihistamine (a substance that blocks the action of histamine – a chemical that gets released during allergic reactions and causes many of their unpleasant symptoms).
- Peppermint: Peppermint is an effective decongestant that can clear your nasal passages and also relieve any inflammation you may experience when suffering from allergies.
How To Prepare The Remedy
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried nettle leaf and 1 tablespoon of dried peppermint to a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain the water into another cup using a fine mesh strainer and drink it.
- Drink this remedy up to 4 times per day until the allergy symptoms subside.