Arthritis is one of the most common chronic diseases in the world. According to Ayurveda arthritis is primarily a vata (air) disease which is due to accumulation of toxins in the joints and is known as amavata.
This can be caused by poor digestion and a weakened colon, resulting in the accumulation of undigested food and the buildup of waste matter. Poor digestion allows toxins to accumulate in the body, and problems with the colon allow the toxins to reach the joints.
- Fever Immense pain & stiffness in affected muscles in case of chronic muscular rheumatism.
- Pain or tenderness in a joint which is aggravated by any movement or activity, such as walking, getting up from a chair, writing, typing, holding an object, throwing a ball, turning a key.
- Excruciating pain and stiffness in the joints in case of chronic articular rheumatism.
The following are a few simple cures that might just help relieve you from the pain of arthritis.
Arthritis Natural Remedies
#1 Homemade Ginger, Milk & Turmeric Arthritis Remedy
How The Remedy Works
Arthritis is a painful disorder which is characterized by inflammation in one or more of the joints. The symptoms of arthritis include pain, redness and swelling around the affected joints which can range from mild to severe. This ginger, milk and turmeric remedy helps to relieve the unpleasant symptoms of arthritis in the following ways:
- Ginger: Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory that naturally reduces the joint inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Milk: Milk keeps your joints healthy and protects them against inflammation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is also a natural anti-inflammatory which has been shown to be particularly effective at treating arthritis in clinical trials.
How To Prepare The Arthritis Remedy
1. Add ½ teaspoon of ground ginger and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk, mix well and drink it.
2. Drink this remedy daily to treat arthritis.
#2 Natural Remedy for Joint Pain
Nettle Leaf & Turmeric
How The Natural Joint Pain Remedy Works
Joint pain can occur in the ankles, hips, knees, wrists, fingers and toes. This nettle leaf and turmeric remedy helps to treat joint pain in the following ways:
1. Nettle Leaf: Nettle leaf has a soothing effect on your joints and naturally relieves pain.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric protects against inflammation in the joints and can reduce any pain, redness and swelling.
How To Prepare The Natural Joint Pain Remedy
1. Add 1 tablespoon of dried nettle leaf and 1 teaspoon of turmeric to a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes, strain the water into another cup using a fine mesh strainer and drink it.
3. Drink this remedy up to 4 times per day until the joint pain subsides.
Try any of the following natural arthritis remedies to see what works best for you.
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey mixed in a cup of warm water taken twice a day is good for curing arthritis.
- Two teaspoons of juice from fresh leaves of bathua, drink every day on an empty stomach for 2-3 months.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with warm water helps cure arthritis.
- Taking alfalfa tea twice a day makes a good cure.
- Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey dissolved in a small glass of warm water taken once or twice a day brings relief.
- Rub the aching joints with hot vinegar to get some relief from pain.
- Two parts pure olive oil and one part kerosene makes a wonderful liniment to bathe afflicted joints.
- Add one tablespoon cod liver oil to the juice of one orange, whip and drink before sleeping.
- One raw clove of garlic every day is very beneficial. This clove can be fried in ghee (clarified butter) or castor oil. Take for 2 months.
- Guggulu is very helpful in curing arthritis. Eat half a teaspoon twice a day after meals with warm water.
- Exercise the afflicted joints in a tub full of hot water.
- Drink carrot juice, cucumber juice, eat cooked vegetables and/or vegetable soups, and drink coconut water for a healthy body & massage your joints daily to cure arthritis.
- On an empty stomach eat 2-3 walnuts or some coconut.
- Avoid mental tensions that lead to stress.
- Lose weight, if necessary, to get close to your ideal weight. If you weigh less, there is less weight on your joints and less pain.
Effective and Proven Results For – Arthcare Oil (Anti Inflammatory and Muscle Relaxant Herbal Massage Oil) :
Morpheme ArthcareOil (50 ml) is the best natural solution for your problem, manufactured under the guidance of renowned MD Ayurveda Specialist doctor.
Arthcare is an anti-arthritic herbal oil which not only gives a sure relief in rheumatic arthritis but also strengthens the bone tissues, the skeletal and the neuromuscular systems, giving a comfortable movements of joints and muscles.
It is a powerful antioxidant and increases the energy level.
Arthcare penetrates the body tissue faster than any other ointment because of its strong anti-inflammatory action.
It removes stiffness and improves mobility of limbs. It brings relief from backaches, muscular strains, rheumatic pains, joint pains etc.
Body massage with Arthcare oil, relaxes an asthmatic person. Arthcare is scientifically proven Ayurvedic formulation containing the herbal combination of well known traditional herbs described above. Within few minutes of application you will feel relaxed from pain.
For Best Results Take 2 Arthcare Capsules twice a day and massage the affected area with Arthcare Oil 2-3 times a day.
The use of herbs is a time-honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease.
The following have been used traditionally to treat rheumatoid arthritis:
- LorShallaki also known as boswellia (Boswellia serrata), comes from a tree that yields gum when its bark is peeled away. In clinical trials, promising results were observed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, chronic colitis, Crohn’s disease. Researchers found that standardized Boswellia extract significantly reduced swelling and pain and usually reduced morning stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ashvagandha (Withania somniferum) is an Asian plant of the potato family. Its roots have long been used to treat “rheumatism,” high blood pressure, immune dysfunctions, erection problems and also to ease inflammation. Because of all this, it’s sometimes called the “Indian ginseng.”
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) may be among the best-studied of the four. Research suggests ginger root inhibits production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, which are involved in pain and inflammation. In an uncontrolled 1992 Danish study, 56 patients who had either RA, OA or muscular discomfort took powdered ginger. All of those with musculoskeletal pain and three-fourths of those with OA or RA reported varying degrees of pain relief and no side effects, even among those who took the ginger for more than two years.
- Herbal oils are applied to the arthritis to loosen stiff joints, restore mobility, remove pain, inflammation or swelling, nourish tissues and relieve pain. The experienced hands dipped in the pleasantly warmed oil will travel all over the body with pressure. Arthcare not only increases blood circulation but also gives a sure relief for rheumatic arthritis, spondylosis, paralysis, muscular disorder, slipped disc, asthma and tuberculosis. Brings in relief from stress, strain and tensions. It is also very good for tonning of one’s muscles and nerves. Get instant relief within minutes of application of oil. For more information please read at
Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate): Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin.
Magnesium is one of the most important of the essential minerals in the body, and it is commonly deficient in the American diet.
A New England remedy for arthritis is a hot bath of Epsom salts. The heat of the bath can increase circulation and reduce the swelling of arthritis.
Dosage and Directions: Fill a bathtub with water as hot as you can stand. Add 2 cups of Epsom salts. Bathe for thirty minutes, adding hot water as necessary to keep the temperature warm. Do this daily as often as you’d like.