Conjunctivitis Natural Remedy
Calendula & Milk
How The Conjunctivitis Remedy Works
Conjunctivitis (also known as pink eye) is an eye infection that causes your eyes to become inflamed and pink colored. Its symptoms include a burning sensation in the eyes, excessive tear production and extreme sensitivity to light.
This calendula and milk remedy helps to treat conjunctivitis in the following ways:
- Calendula: Calendula fights the bacteria and viruses that cause conjunctivitis.
- Milk: Milk has a soothing effect on the eyes and also reduces any inflammation caused by conjunctivitis.
How To Prepare The Conjunctivitis Remedy
- Use a dropper to put 5 drops of milk in the affected eye.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried calendula to a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain the water into another cup using a fine mesh strainer and allow it to cool.
- Once the water has cooled, fill an eyebath with it and then wash the affected eye.
- Use this remedy up to 4 times per day until the conjunctivitis subsides.