Natural Remedy for Heartburn
Peppermint & Slippery Elm
How The Natural Remedy for Heartburn Works
Heartburn is a disorder that causes a burning sensation in the chest.
This peppermint and slippery elm remedy treats heartburn in the following ways:
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps to reduce indigestion (one of the leading causes of heartburn).
- Slippery Elm: Slippery elm protects your esophagus against the acids that cause heartburn.
How To Prepare Natural Remedy for Heartburn
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried peppermint and 1 teaspoon of ground slippery elm to a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain the water into another cup using a fine mesh strainer and drink it.
- Drink this remedy up to 4 times per day until the heartburn subsides.