Be it a simple stomachache or a throbbing headache, pain has a way of entering our lives and messing up a perfectly wonderful day. While the pain receptors of the body are actually quite helpful- you wouldn’t know what’s wrong with your body if it wasn’t paining; it can be irritating and can sap you of your energy and vitality.
Instead of popping a painkiller the next time you have a headache, pick up any one of these cool herbs and use them to your benefit.
Back Pain Natural Remedy
Almond Oil & Cayenne
How The Back Pain Remedy Works
Back pain is something that affects millions of people around the world.
Common causes of back pain include poor posture, a sedentary lifestyle and placing excessive strain on your back. Back pain can occur anywhere along the spine and can manifest as tightness, numbness or a sharp pain.
This almond oil and cayenne remedy helps to relieve back pain in the following ways:
- Almond Oil: Almond oil has analgesic properties and naturally soothes painful bones, joints and muscles when applied topically.
- Cayenne: Cayenne contains high levels of capsaicin – a common ingredient in many topical pain relief creams which is one of the most effective natural solutions for fighting back pain.
How To Prepare The Remedy
1. Add 2 tablespoons of almond oil and 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder to a bowl and mix well.
2. Apply the mixture to the affected area of your back for 10 minutes and then wash it clean with warm water.
3. Use this remedy up to 3 times per day until the pain subsides.
Neck Pain Natural Remedy
Ice & Lavender Oil
How The Remedy Neck Pain Works
Neck pain is a common affliction that can be caused by poor posture, sitting in an uncomfortable position and straining the neck.
This ice and lavender oil remedy helps to treat neck pain in the following ways:
- Ice: Ice soothes inflammation and reduces pain in the neck.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil directly relieves neck pain and helps your neck muscles to relax.
How To Prepare The Neck Pain Remedy
1. Wrap 4 ice cubes in a small towel and hold it against your neck for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, massage 5 drops of lavender oil into your neck.
3. Use this remedy every couple of hours until the neck pain subsides.
Natural Nerve Pain Remedy
Chamomile Oil, Marjoram Oil & St John’s Wort Oil
How The Nerve Pain Remedy Works
Nerve pain is often caused by damage to the nerves in your body but can also be the result of a pinched nerve.
This chamomile oil, marjoram oil and St John’s wort oil remedy helps to treat nerve pain in the following ways:
- Chamomile Oil: Chamomile oil has a soothing effect on your nerves and dulls any pain you may experience.
- Marjoram Oil: Marjoram oil supports the nervous system and provides instant pain relief.
- St John’s Wort Oil: St John’s wort oil is another natural pain reliever that can also repair nerve damage.
How To Prepare The Natural Nerve Pain Remedy
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of St John’s wort oil, 2 drops of chamomile oil and 2 drops of marjoram oil in a bowl and then massage this mixture directly into the painful nerves.
2. Use this remedy every couple of hours until the nerve pain subsides.
These herbs are blessed with natural pain-killing properties and have no side effects associated with their use.
Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and is believed to be among the best natural painkillers. The Chinese have been using the root of this herb for thousands of years to deal with muscle soreness, cramps, headaches, arthritis pain, nausea and many other forms of pain.
Ginger extracts are also beneficial for the digestive system- they curb stomach cramps and indigestion, and promote overall digestive well being thereby reducing the severity of symptoms associated with gastrointestinal disorders.
Here’s yet another root that has been an established remedy, and is also sometimes known as ‘nature’s tranquilizer.’ The root of valerian is known particularly in dealing with disorders of the mental origin and curbing the symptoms associated with them. Consumption of valerian root extracts is thought to regulate the nervous system, calm down the mind and the body, and reduce the severity of many symptoms such as irritation, tension, headaches, insomnia etc.
Turmeric belongs to the same family as ginger, and the root of this herb is thought to be one of the most potent natural remedies for dealing with a wide range of conditions. The anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral properties are well known.
Traditionally, Indians used the extracts of this herb to deal with pain associated with bruises, wounds and joint inflammation. This herb is also well known as a natural digestive system stimulant and can curb many disorders associated with the digestive system and reduce pain and stomach cramps.
Devil’s claw is a popular herbal remedy for many conditions of the immune system, including autoimmune diseases like rheumatism and arthritis. Recent studies have revealed how the extracts of this herb could be helpful in reducing pain associated with conditions such as tendonitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatism and head and neck pain.
What’s more, research has also revealed how the extracts of this herb were effective in curbing pain associated with many joint conditions almost as effectively as painkiller drugs and medications.
Boswelia is basically a resin obtained from the bark of frankincense trees, and is thought to be particularly helpful in dealing which inflammatory conditions affecting the body. Boswelia extracts are thought to contain certain compounds that reduce inflammation and swelling of tissues and curbs pain associated with it.
Ayurvedic medicine practitioners often use the extracts of this herb to combat pain associated with arthritis, rheumatism and other autoimmune disorders.
Bromelain is basically an enzyme that comes from pineapple- a tropical fruit. Bromelain is thought to be an excellent natural remedy for almost all types of pain, and is thought to work by reducing the levels of prostaglandins in the body- the hormones that cause inflammation of tissues and induce pain. Bromelain is believed to be the best remedy when it comes to dealing with pain of the musculoskeletal system such as rhuematis, arthritis and general muscle pain.
While Willow Bark
The bark of white willow tree contains natural aspirin like compounds that make it an effective natural painkiller. Some herbal medicinal practitioners even believe that the extracts of this herb are much better than painkiller medications when it comes to pain associated with the muscles and joints. You can use this herb to deal with pain associated with the knees, back and shoulders.
It may sound surprising, but bell peppers are actually a good remedy for pain. They contain an active enzyme known as capsaicin, which is thought to stimulate the release of endorphins (feel good hormones) of the body, which provides a natural analgesic action. Bell peppers are extremely versatile and can be added to almost any food that you like.