Health Benefits of Green Tea
A type of tea native to India and China, green tea is extremely popular around the world, and is used as a ‘weight loss’ tea. Green tea is the most un-oxidized (undergoes lowest oxidation during processing) of all the other types of tea, which is why it contains the highest number of essential nutrients and substances that improve health.
Traditional Chinese medicinal practices use green tea to help improve mental strength, control bleeding from wounds and boost heart health.
The benefits of green tea are many, and its use dates back to the ancient times; but let’s find out more about how green tea is being used today
Green Tea Health Benefits
- A cup of green tea contains more flavonoids than any other type of tea, which is a clear determinant of its medical value. The flavonoids improve blood circulation and boost heart health, and it is also believe that they fight free radical damage that causes cancer.
- Green tea is being consumed around the world to promote weight loss – while it doesn’t directly reduce weight, it does contain a combination of caffeine and polyphenols that induce fat oxidation and boost metabolic rate without increasing the heart rate.
- Some primary studies have found sufficient evidence to prove that regular consumption of green tea can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The polyphenols present in green tea contain valuable anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties that help reduce inflammation and spread of cancer cells.
- Some studies have also found that individuals who consume more green tea are less likely to be affected by cancer, particularly breast cancer, bladder cancer, cancer of the colon and pancreatic cancer,
- Some researchers also believe that green tea may help diabetes patients manage their blood glucose levels better.
- It is also believed that green tea consumption may reduce the risk of stroke and help fight prostate cancer in men at a higher risk of the disease.
- Those suffering from autoimmune conditions that cause inflammation (arthritis, rheumatism etc.) can experience benefits by drinking green tea.
- Green tea has also been effective against other conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, stress, inflammatory skin conditions, dental cavities etc.