Sensitive Eyes Cleansing Lotion Tutorial
The classic cleanser is often irritating to the eyes. It is possible that you get some red, swollen eyes by using some chemicals to remove your make-up. So, why don’t forget about those conventional cleansing lotions and try to prepare your own using only natural ingredients?
The eye cleanser from this recipe uses a combination of ingredients that are perfect for eye care.
What You’ll Need:
1 tbsp castor oil
2 tbsp sweet almond oil
2 tbsp cornflower water
- Combine all the ingredients in a cup.
- Mix all the ingredients together, then transfer them to a glass jar, put the lid on and shake well.
- Keep the cleanser in the fridge for no more than 2 weeks.
- Shake well before each use.
So, let me tell you something about these three ingredients:
- Castor oil – it is a natural derivative which, by its properties, is used in a wide range of cosmetic beauty treatments but also for prevention, control or correction of various body diseases. In addition to its antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties, castor oil contains a large number of antioxidants that help the body fight free radicals.
It is also the only known source of unsaturated fatty acids and has a role in protecting the skin and the hair. The castor oil diminishes the dark areas under the eyes but also the wrinkles and keeps the skin’s smoothness.
- Sweet almond oil – also good for preventing the dark circles. Nourishes the skin, making it smooth and soft. Soothes dry and itching skin. Almond oil can be used for the delicate skin under the eyes to prevent wrinkles.
- Cornflower water – Cornflower have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, bacteriostatic, emollient and soothing properties. In case of eye problems, cornflower water can be used for eyewash or compresses to the eyelids. Compresses with cornflower water are recommended especially for wrinkles on the eyelids or tired and irritated eyes.
Due to soothing and toning effect cornflower treatments are recommended for facial muscles and wrinkles.