Homemade Kiwi Facial Scrub
Among the tropical fruits, kiwi can help you keep your skin young and healthy. You may do this either by eating it or by putting it on your face. How nice is that? I really like eating kiwi. And I don’t seem to decide if I can spare a piece to create a face mask 🙂
If you usually don’t have kiwi in your kitchen, here are the reasons to try it:
- Rejuvenates skin – it is a fruit that contains vitamins A, C and E. These vitamins are part of the antioxidants that are used in most cosmetic products. Vitamins A, C and E fight free radicals and maintain the beauty and elasticity of the skin. In addition, they help regenerate the collagen and maintain a firm foundation.
- Reduces signs of aging – regular consumption of kiwi can delay the signs of aging skin, wrinkles. It also successfully contributes to removing stains caused by the sun.
- Helps detoxify the body – in addition to the antioxidants, kiwi fruit is a rich source of dietary fiber, which helps eliminate toxins from the colon and thus detoxify the body. Your skin will look visibly healthier.
- Helps healing – being a fruit that is rich in vitamin C, regular consumption of kiwi fights inflammation and promotes collagen production. This way, cuts or other wounds will heal much faster. Furthermore, kiwi contains omega-3 fatty acids, compounds which prevent the development of skin diseases.
- Fights against acne – kiwi fruit pulp contains acids with anti-inflammatory properties that fight bacteria.
- Other health effects – regular consumption of kiwi fruit lowers the risk of respiratory disease, heart disease, colon cancer; lowers cholesterol levels.
Did I make my point? Are you willing to give it a try?
What You’ll Need:
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons cane sugar
- Mix together the oil and cane sugar.
- Chop the kiwi in very small pieces (avoid the core) and add it to the oil/sugar mixture.
- Mix well until you smash the fruit.
- Apply with circular moves and massage the face and neck for at least 3 minutes. Allow the kiwi fruit to take action.
- After that, rinse well with warm water and apply a face moisturizer.
You may keep the scrub in the fridge for two weeks.